There was a time when mobile users had to pay 20-25 rs for voice calls and in 2016 Reliance Jio is going to charge nothing for it. This is a significant development. If like my dad you are also interested to gather information about Reliance Jio and the cool services that it is promising to provide then you are in the right place. After going through this article you will be in a better place to decide whether you should opt for their service.
Important Features Of Reliance Jio
- Most important and consumer friendly feature of Reliance Jio is all domestic voice calls including those made to other operators would be free if you sign up for Reliance Jio’s services. Users won’t even have to bother about roaming within the country, as per the ‘One India‘ motive. This would be a big blow to existing telecom operators.There won’t be any blackout day for text messages. No excessive charges for text messages on special days like festivals, New Year’s Eve, Valentine’s Day and others.
- The Jio is a 4G service. We are sure that you know this but it is worth repeating. If you have an older phone that only supports 3G, it may not work on your phone. Also, just to add, it won’t work on feature phones. You need 4G connectivity.
- Jio claims that their plans would be the lowest 4G LTE prices in the world. In total, Reliance Jio has 10 plans priced between Rs 150 a month to Rs 5,000 a month. Prices for data start from 5p/MB or Rs 50/GB. There will also be plans that offer data at Rs 19/day for occasional users. Users will get unlimited data usage at night, which won’t count against their data plan. Most plans also come with data usage on JioNet Wi-Fi hotspots that the company is setting up.
- To make calls, Jio uses VoLTE network. This is something new for India. This means calls are made using data connection. Now, it won’t be a problem for Jio to Jio calls. But for the Jio to GSM calls, which means calls to Airtel and Vodafone numbers etc, you will have to install an app called Jio Join because the calls will use interconnecting infrastructure that current telecom operators use
- Starting September 5, subscribers who join Reliance Jio network will be eligible for a Welcome Offer, under which they will get free and unlimited Reliance Jio’s services including voice, data and the bundled applications. The offer is valid till December 31, 2016.
- Reliance Jio has introduced a special offer for students. Users with valid student ID cards will get 25 percent extra data on every tariff plan.
- In terms of coverage, Reliance Jio has already reached 18,000 cities and towns, and 200,000 villages. The company plans to expand its coverage to 90 percent of the population.
- Reliance Jio has already launched a series of budget smartphones under its LYF brand. The price of these VoLTE smartphones start at Rs 2,999. Currently.
- Besides the smartphones, Reliance is also offering Jio personal router solution for 2G/3G devices at Rs 1,999. The routers will help users on 2G or 3G smartphones to avail Reliance’s affordable 4G services without requiring to buy a separate handset.
- Reliance Jio aims to deploy 1 million Wi-Fi hotspots by middle of the next year. The company says the hotspots will help reduce network congestion. Reliance has also said that its data plans come with access to JioNet Wi-Fi hotspots, making the service available to its users across the country.
- Reliance Jio is also offering some offers for the enterprise users. Along with high end broadband plans, the company is teaming up with several premium technology companies. The high end plans focus on providing affordable international roaming tariffs, access to global content, concierge services, and more importantly indoor coverage.
- Reliance Jio has implemented an e-KYC system (Know Your Customer), which allows users with Aadhar cards to get their SIM cards instantly. The system is currently available in Delhi and Mumbai, and will be available in other cities very soon. With Reliance Jio services, users can get their numbers activated within 15 minutes.
- Reliance Jio has set some high targets for its services. The company aims to have 100 million subscribers in the shortest time. Reliance Jio is estimated to have 2.5 million users currently because of their already popular preview offer.
Reliance Jio Applications
- Jio Chat – Instant messenger service that integrates chat, voice, video calling, conferencing, file sharing, photo sharing and more in a single application.
- Switch-and-Walk – An app to copy all your contacts, messages, photos, music, media and applications — from one phone to another, wirelessly, with just a few easy clicks: across operating systems and phone models.
- Jio Drive – Cloud storage application. Using Jio Drive, anyone can store, sync and share any content between their own devices and also with their friends, according to the company.
- Jio Play – An application to watch HDTV anytime, anywhere on any device. Boasts of hundreds of channels, across categories and languages, as per the company.
- Jio Beats – An application for digital music streaming with offline capabilities.
- Jio Mags – Provides the most popular collection of magazines, in full colour and with a slew of innovative features, says the company.
- Jio News – Offers news from news publishing houses across multiple languages and categories with instant live updates and offline reading capability.
- Jio Money – A platform for affordable and secure digital payments, according to the company.
Relax and make up your mind and let us know in the comment section if we were successful in providing the information that you needed about Reliance Jio.
You can also follow us on twitter and subscribe to our facebook page. Do not forget to press the like and the share button.